Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yarn from Bamboo, Corn - what's next? May 05, 2007

Well, as you know, I comleted my Circus Chevron socks, made with Crystal Palace's Panda Wool - a lovely bamboo/wool/nylon blend. The pattern will be available to the yahoo group, Whenever (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/whenever/) in JUNE!! (oh my goodness, where has time gone????). It will then be available to others after August 1.

I recently acquired some Panda Cotton and Crystal Palace's new Maizy. Cool stuff!! The Maizy is 62% Corn Fiber, 18% elastic Nylon AND each ball has 204 yards. I'm playing with it now. I have only 1 ball of white and 1 ball of black, so I am thinking of making a "shorty" or "cropped" sock with stripes, and solid heel and toe. I'm going to cast on as soon as I get off here. I can picture the socks in my mind, but can't find a good name. Maybe I need to come up with a few ideas and do a poll! Yes! That's what I should do!!!!!

I'll keep posting my progress - check back soon to see how they are coming. I'll try to post progress pictures, too, but will definitely post the finished socks.

No comments: