Tuesday, March 25, 2008



Peggy Shawl - July 18, 2007

Some of you know that I started the Peggy Shawl during the Columbus TNNA (end of May, beginning of June). I was using Nature Spun by Brown Sheep, but didn't really like the fabric it was creating. So off to the frog pond! I started it over with Kolibri, an Egyptian cotton by Dale of Norway. Love the fabric!!!


I'm not usually a lace shawl knitter. But as the designer, Jackie E-S of HeartStrings Fiber Arts states on the pattern, the Peggy Shawl is easier than it looks! And it truly is!!!! This shawl has been a definite success story for me; fun to make and a relatively quick knit. I had to order blocking wires from KnitPicks.com so that I could successfully block it. Now it's done. I like it so much I have started another with a thin boucle. The detail/lace won't be as prominent, but it is making up nicely, too.


What is interesting to me is that I rarely make the same pattern twice. Don't know if it's ADD or what. But this is the second of Jackie's patterns that I like enough to repeat. I love her 3-to-2 sweater. I've made two from it and have a third on the needles. And I'm thinking of making a 4th one in ribbon. The premise of this pattern is that you increase 3 sts over 2 rows. It's a bias knit sweater that always gets lots of compliments. Check out Jackie's patterns at your LYS! I think you'll like them as much as I do!

No comments: