Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FO for me! - July 18, 2007


I rarely make anything for me. But July is going to be "my" month. My beautiful daughter, Tracie, had surgery on July 11. The hospital she chose for her surgery is about 2 hours away. I stayed with her, in her room, during her hospital stay, while her hubby, Don, stayed home to take care of all the dogs and to make sure my granddaughter, Jennifer, got to the orthodontist to get her braces on her teeth.


I have a friend, Karen, who is a reference librarian here in my community. Also a knitter and crocheter, she often brings me books she has checked out and lets me ooh and aah over them. One such book is Knitting Sweaters from the Top Down: Fabulous Seamless Patterns to Suit Your Style, by Cathy Carron. I rarely find more than one pattern in a book that catches my interest, but this book has several!


I had some bulky yarn that would be perfect for the sweater called Nest. Not quite enough, so DH and I went shopping for more yarn before I left for my daughter's hospital stay. I started the sweater on the way to the hospital, since Tracie drove down. All during her surgery and the hospital stay, I worked on that sweater. It is a really quick knit and turned out nicely. You can't see all the detail in this picture, so you really need to look at the book. BTW, I have since bought that book - it's definitely a keeper!


Tracie says I won't wear this sweater, that it's too bulky for me. When the weather here turns cold, we'll see if she's right!

No comments: