Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Peggy Shawl - December 27, 2007







What a wonderful way to wrap up a year. Crystal Palace has posted pictures of the Peggy Shawl that I made with their Kid Merino (really luscious, luxurious yarn!!) You can see all 4 pics on the same page at http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/scarves/kidm-lace-peggy-shawl.html. Thanks, CP, for this opportunity!!!!



This is the shawl that I have made MANY times, designed by Jackie E-S of HeartStrings Fiber Arts. I have used various weights and types yarn, but the Kid Merino is the most spectacular! The Peggy Shawl is my first *real* experience with lace shawls. I was totally intimated until I found this pattern. Now it's like creating a monster. I have made other lace shawl patterns, but this remains my favorite. It is now like an old friend and when I need a "comfort knit", I pull out this pattern, whatever yarn "speaks" to me, and appropriate needles. then, VOILA! I'm one happy camper.

No comments: