Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tote (Diaper) Bag - November 24, 2007


My daughter, Tracie, and I belong to the yahoo group, KnitNPlay. It's a knitting exchange group that replaced the KnitExchange. Currently, it is a VERY small group, but ListMom is hoping it will grow. Our first swap is a bag swap. My partner likes relatively large bags, so when Tracie found a diaper bag pattern on the label of Caron Simply Soft, we both knew this was the pattern to make for our partners. It is roomy enough for a fairly large project, with pockets to hold accessories, needles, etc. For me, making it was rather slow, because it is made with double strands of yarn and the Twisted Stockinette Stitch, meaning that every knit stitch is worked in the back loop. I just couldn't get a rhythm going and it really aggravated my hand and wrist. But that twisted stitch gives it a body and sturdiness. I'm rather pleased with the completed project. But now I have to get it into the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: