Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two More Projects! - December 01, 2007



Today's been a busy day! Went to the Mid-Ohio Knitting Guild's (MOKG) "retreat" at the Whetstone Library. I was working well on "Nina's Ann Arbor Shawl" from the book Wrapped In Comfort by Alison Jeppson Hyde. In fact, I had only two pattern repeats left and I would be done! AND THEN!!! My cable on my circular needle broke and the shawl feel off. And, of course, I didn't have a lifeline!! I couldn't get all those YO's picked up, stitches were running, and I ended up frogging the whole thing. Fortunately, I had taken another project along - the Merino Frappe Kimono from Crystal Palace - http://straw.com/cpy/patterns/merinof_kimono.html. I'm making it out of Merino Stripes with Merino Frappe for the front/collar band. As you can see, I got a lot down in just a few hours. It goes quickly!!!!!

However, the Nina shawl is for a friend at church. I called her and told her the bad news, but she was quite philosophical about it. I told her I was going to start again today, but that it would be a totally different shawl. That was fine with her. And, of course, you should be able to guess what I've started (2nd picture) - OF COURSE!! PEGGY'S SHAWL. I think this is number 5 off that pattern. Or is it number 6?????

No comments: