Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another Peggy's Shawl finished! - December 15, 2007



I'm so glad I changed from Nora's shawl (Wrapped in Comfort) to Peggy's Shawl. It really seems to show off the colors better with this particular yarn. Cheri (modeling the shawl) was thrilled to get the finished shawl in time for her to present it to a dear friend for Christmas.
I have some Panda Silk from Crystal Palace in Nutmeg (#4002), one of the new colors for 2008. It is BEAUTIFUL! (check out the yarns at http://www.Straw.com) I can't wait to make a shawl with it, but can't decide on yet another Peggy's Shawl, the Nora shawl, Scotch Thistle Lace Stole (by Jackie ES of HeartStrings Fiber Arts), or Ivy Trellis Lace Stole (also by Jackie). Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!


But first, I must finish the Merino Frappe Kimono, which Crystal Palace is featuring as one of the Ample Knits. It's beautiful, too!!!


I'm also taking time out to make a People Cozy by Lion Brand. It's a "wearable afghan." Made with size 50 needles and 4 strands of yarn - 2 different colors of Wool Ease Thick & Quick, 1 of Homespun, and 1 of Wool Ease. It's fun, and it's fast. I also need to get some socks designed. On top of all the Christmas holiday activities, taking a cake decorating class, working as a consultant with the schools, and volunteering with the schools once a week. Not to mention the heavy schedule of classes I am giving in January! My goodness, just typing all this makes me tired!
It's snowing right now, but it's supposed to turn to rain tonight, and then snow again tomorrow. I need to finish sewing the silk shirt I'm giving my Mr. Wonderful for Christmas. My son, Dean, and his fiance Mary, are going to Louisiana for Christmas with her folks, so we are celebrating tomorrow with them. The rest of the family will also gather on Christmas Eve, as usual. So now I need to get some gifts wrapped and finish decorating the tree!! It's up, with lights, but that's all!!!!!

No comments: