Monday, March 24, 2008

Snowday #5! Beaded Mitts - February 14, 2007


3 snow days last week, 2 this week. Tomorrow I will be required to go to work, regardless of conditions. But I have been working on a mitt pattern, to help out my daughter (Tracie) on one of her exchanges. We chose a wrist-warmer pattern by Jackie E-S of HeartStringsFiberArts.com. Jackie has a way of creating something exquisitely beautiful, but deceptively easy. Pictured here are her Simple Beaded Wristlets. Tracie needed to make the mitts a little larger. Jackie's suggestion is to do another repeat of the design, but unfortunately, this would have made the mitts too big. Instead, we chose slightly larger yarn. I think the results will be perfect. After finishing the first mitt, I discovered a mistake. Rather than take it apart and frog back to the mistake, I will simply make the same mistake on the other wristlet.

Well, I better get off here and get busy on that other wristlet - I still have socks I need to finish designing for Laura Andersson's next Friendly Socks book!

No comments: