Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thank you, Heirloom Quilters of West Jeff

A friend invited me to join a weekend quilt retreat in Piketon, Ohio. Her mother is a member of Heirloom Quilters of West Jefferson, Ohio, and the guild had opened up their retreat to other quilters. There were a couple members from the Mt. Sterling guild there, and my daughter-in-law, Mary, went with me. These women are lovely people and they were each-and-every-one making beautiful quilts. Mary and I were made to feel very welcome and we had a wonderful time.

Before my surgery in March I had started a Fun and Done quilt named Easy Diamonds. This pattern is, indeed, an easy and fun quilt  to make. Basically, you quilt-as-you-go, sash-as-you-go, and self-bind. When you are done, well, you are done! Having said that, I didn't get it finished before surgery. I took it to the retreat with me this weekend and it is DONE!  YAY!

None of these pictures show the colors at all well. I used 3 shades of gray and 3 shades of red. The sashing/binding/backing is a dark charcoal.

Thank you, ladies, for a wonderful weekend and for new friendships.

No comments: