Monday, June 13, 2011

Something Old, Something New


I mentioned in an earlier post about making a pair of white socks with pink ribbons for the mother of one of my physical therapists. My hand hasn't healed enough for me to get the tension correct to knit the ribbons in the socks, so am using the duplicate stitch to add the ribbons. Work like this goes much more smoothly, and easier, if you use a darning egg. I remembered the one my grandmother used - doesn't look like an "egg" at all, but is perfect for this project.

My grandmother was born in the late 1800's and died in the early 1970's. So that gives you an idea how old this "egg" is. At first, all I could think of was how pleased my mom would be to know I am using it. Indeed, I wanted to call and tell her! I still have many moments like that. But I am sure she knows anyway. :-) Don't you?

No comments: